Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CFAV FIREBIRD YTR561

Naval fireboat CFAV FIREBIRD YTR561 proceeding to the DREA barge in the Bedford Basin.A familiar site to residents along the shore of the Bedford Basin is the shuttle runs made by the naval tugs and the fireboat several times a day ferrying personnel to and from the DREA Laboratory Barge in Birch Cove.This service has been going on since the 195os and will I assume continue for some time in the future.A break in the fireboats' crews boredom I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken, You helped me out.

    I was searching for a ship I photographed, underway in fog, back in 2009. It took me a while but I finally confirmed (with the help of one of your photos) that it was the Heather Knutsen. My Picture can be found on Google Earth (if you have panoramio photos selected) out between Duncan's Cove and Ketch Harbour - It's titled "Ghost Ship - Halifax"

    Cheers,
    E.N

    777-3 at rrmail dot com
    (PS Couldn't find any other way to contact you)

    ReplyDelete